The Nadis (Energy Channels)
Within our subtle system there are 3 energy channels. They correspond to the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
A. The Right Channel
- The right channel corresponds to our physical and mental activity.
- It ends with the ego on the left side of the brain.
- Ego gives us the idea and sense of individuality.
- The right channel is the conduit for our energy of action.
B. The Left Channel
- The left channel corresponds to our past, emotions and desires.
- It ends with the superego on the right side of the brain.
- The superego stores our memories, habits and conditionings.
- The greatest quality of the left side is joy, which is the nature of the spirit.
C. The Central Channel
- The central channel is the channel of our ascent and spiritual growth.
- It is the conduit which sustains our evolution and guides us, consciously or unconsciously towards higher levels of awareness culminating in the Sahasrara, our uppermost chakra.